Supporting an advanced, affordable, diversified, low-carbon energy economy
Greater Philadelphia Energy Action Team
The Greater Philadelphia Energy Action Team (GPEAT) brings together 150+ industry leaders committed to delivering affordable energy solutions that will benefit the current families and businesses living and operating in Greater Philadelphia while attracting new development and growth opportunities.
GPEAT’s Steering Committee is led by Co-Chairs John Walsh, President & CEO, UGI Corporation and Craig E. White, President & CEO, Philadelphia Gas Works.
Greater Philadelphia will be powered by an advanced, affordable, diversified, low-carbon energy economy.
- Drive economic development by leveraging the region’s energy assets to stimulate growth and job creation in the region.
- Promote solutions that enable an affordable, diverse, low-carbon energy system.
- Advance best practices and programs for safe and sustainable energy production and delivery.
- Encourage the implementation of technologies that increase energy efficiency, reliability, and resilience.
- Support the transition towards a low-carbon regional transportation sector.
ADVOCACY & PUBLIC AWARENESS
Advocate and broaden awareness of new project development and support the expansion of infrastructure and jobs for the region’s energy industry. Advance a policy agenda and recommendations that further GPEAT’s goals.
REGIONAL BUSINESS ATTRACTION
Advance business attraction and economic growth by leveraging our region’s energy assets to target and attract energy development and energy-intensive manufacturers to locate and expand in our 11-county community.
Research, Resources, and Publications
A Pipeline for Growth: Fueling Economic Revitalization with Marcellus and Utica Shale Gas, March 2016
Energy At Work: Innovative Energy Strategies from the Regional Business Community (Edition 1)