Each year, we award the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women to individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree. Through this scholarship, we hope to empower working women to continue their education.
Applications are accepted throughout the fall and recipients are recognized at the Paradigm Award Luncheon during Women’s History Month. This year’s luncheon will take place on March 20, 2020.
Since its introduction in 2000, the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women has awarded $487,000 to 149 women to help continue their education.
How to Apply
Applicants for the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women must meet the following criteria:
- Work as a full-time employee (at least 30 hours per week) for a member company of the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia (if you do not know or are not sure if your company is a Chamber member please visit our online membership directory).
- Have completed at least one full year of college and must be currently enrolled (within the last 18 months) at a two- or four-year accredited institution working towards an undergraduate degree. Masters and advanced degree candidates are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time work experience.
- Hold an exemplary work record.
- Submit an official copy of your college transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation including one from your supervisor at current employer.
- Submit a 200-word essay on why you should be selected as a recipient of the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women.
- Submit a copy of your employer’s tuition reimbursement policy (if they have one).
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients:
- Current enrollment
- Potential for future success
December 2, 2019
Last year’s recipients of the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women.
How to Contribute
Support the career aspirations of professional women in our region by providing a charitable donation to the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women.
The Paradigm Scholarship is a part of the Chamber of Commerce Regional Foundation, therefore your donation is deductible as a charitable contribution.
Friday, March 20, 2020 | The Bellevue Hotel
Each year, the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia presents the Paradigm Award to a top female executive whose professional and philanthropic achievements serve as a model for success. In conjunction with the Paradigm Award, merit-based scholarships are awarded to women who are working toward an undergraduate degree.