The Chamber’s CEO Council for Growth’s initiative to advance Cell & Gene Therapy and Connected Health was launched in January and the timing could not have been better. The vision for this endeavor, which builds upon a 2017 report from the Brookings Institute, is to make Greater Philadelphia the geographical center of choice for talent, capital, and companies in these two fast-growing economic verticals.
Our region’s researchers in Cell & Gene Therapy are among the best and brightest in the world, delivering the fundamental insights and basic science that are being used to treat — and often cure — some truly devastating diseases. And our business leaders and supportive ecosystem are translating these groundbreaking discoveries into the newest generation of therapies. Greater Philadelphia also possesses an exceptional depth of expertise in digital connectivity and excels at applying that know-how to health care challenges, like making access to health care and related activities more consumer-friendly.
This is wonderful news for patients, of course, but is also good for our business community. If successful, the Cell & Gene Therapy and Connected Health initiative is expected to produce:
- Greater economic productivity and inclusive growth in the region
- Acceleration of commercial successes among the region’s leading scientists and entrepreneurs
- Attraction of additional companies, jobs, and investment capital
To achieve these goals, we’re focusing on four sets of activities, beginning with Shared Storytelling. Now is the time to begin spreading the word about our world-class assets and recent successes.
Early next month, we’ll be sharing a set of messages that will help build awareness within our region and beyond, as well as tools to assist your organization in leveraging this common messaging in other channels as appropriate. And in the coming months, we’ll be sharing information about the other two focuses of the initiative, which include:
- Building a scalable ecosystem to support growing and retaining companies, innovators, and expertise in the region
- Development of a workforce strategy based on the assessment of talent needs of the areas of Cell & Gene Therapy and Connected Health subsectors
We invite companies in these industry verticals to share these stories with us so that we can continue to raise awareness about the innovative work in our region.