Membership with the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia provides you with opportunities to network with leaders in the region and enhance your professional development. We provide members with high-quality programs and events. These programs provide the opportunity for you to network with peers and hear from business and community leaders focused on developing the region as world-class city.
Today, a confluence of trends and events both global and local have come together at this time to create our region's best manufacturing climate in decades. Our abundance of manufacturing in the region means that we are positioned for continued growth and job creation.
Important Manufacturing Sectors Include:
- Communications and Electrical Equipment
- Computer Hardware
- Navigation and Control Instruments
- Medical Instruments
- Petroleum Refining
- Synthetic Fibers
Concentration of Advanced Manufacturing Employment:
¦ PHARMACEUTICAL & MEDICINE = 15,092
¦ NAVIGATIONAL & MEASURING = 12,879
¦ PETROLEUM & COAL PRODUCTS = 3,576
¦ CHEMICAL PRODUCT & PREPARATION = 2,310
¦ PAINT, COATING & ADHESIVES = 1,613
Top Manufacturing Companies in Greater Philadelphia:
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Campbell Soup Company
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
- Johnson & Johnson (excludes Centocor)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Merck & Company, Inc.
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
- WL Gore
Mailing or sending couriers to get your Certificates of Origin stamped is both inefficient and costly. That is why the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia has adopted the next generation eCert technology as our standard to process your Certificates of Origin. With eCert, Exporters and Freight Forwarders now have a seamless and streamlined electronic solution providing real value in cost savings and efficiency gains. So eliminate your paper-based processing of Certificates and start saving time and money today!
Save time and money by receiving a daily consolidated report of public sector projects (advance notice, bids, RFPs, and pre-bid notices) in the Greater Philadelphia region.
Build lasting business relationships, improve your business operations and get involved in our local community by participating in networking, public policy and professional development programs and events.
Networking opportunities, professional development, community involvement, recognition and regional exposure — whatever your plans dictate — you can launch them by attending the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia Programs & Events. We host annual, quarterly, and monthly programs and series to ensure you get the results you want and the tools you need to succeed. Look for your event calendars by mail, fax and online.
Past Programs Include:
- State of the Region (5/8/14)
- Energizing our Region (2/28/14)
- Economic Outlook (2/5/14)
- A Conversation with the Governor (1/23/14)
- State of Manufacturing (10/16/14)
- Smart Technologies (6/7/13)
- Natural Gas Development (5/14/13)
- Region On The Rise (4/3/13)
- Energy Management Strategies (2/8/13)
“I'm a member for my community, my employees, and my future. I'm a member to grow my business.”
Union Packaging, LLC
- Approximately 33% of the region's manufacturing employment is in advanced manufacturing, well above the U.S. share of 25%.
- Greater Philadelphia's labor force has over 3 million people, providing an abundant supply of highly skilled workers in virtually all occupations.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT:
- Educate the business community on the economic benefit of developing the and manufacturing sectors within the region.
- Market the region's strengths as an energy hub and premier location to work and do business in order to grow jobs and attract companies.
- Advocate for a competitive energy market and influence policy makers to remove policy barriers that impede the future development of the energy and manufacturing sectors.
- Support projects, efforts and collaboration of CEO Council for Growth Greater Philadelphia Energy Action Team, Chamber member companies, and Select Greater Philadelphia investors within the energy and manufacturing space that accelerate economic growth.
PARTNERSHIPS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
To join today, fill out our Membership Application or contact us at 215-790-3700.