Member Engagement Manager
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. Our members represent eleven counties, three states, and roughly 600,000 employees from thousands of member companies and organizations. And by bringing all kinds of businesses and leaders to the table — the new, the established, the big, the small, the growing, the thriving, the perennial, the innovative, and the experimental — we build community and find commonalities among us all.
We advocate for regional development, business-friendly public policies, and economic prosperity. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. And all that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
We are currently seeking a highly organized, detailed-oriented Member Engagement Manager with strong communications skills to provide exceptional service to assigned Chamber membership accounts, grow member relationships, solicit and coordinate the execution of sponsorship opportunities, support members' use of marketing resources and opportunities with the ultimate goal of retaining memberships.
This individual will also manage a small team of Chamber colleagues responsible for the activities above, as well as, the Chamber's Young Professionals Council and Ambassador program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish goals with Director, Member Engagement regarding membership retention, sponsorship development, new member referrals, intranet communications, event assistance, member event attendance and professional development opportunities.
- Work on assigned members' engagement plans. Manage the members' experience by designing and implementing a high-touch plan with the Member Engagement Director and the Member Engagement team which will consist of pre-planned interactions with members that include phone calls, emails, face-to-face dialogue, surveys, focus groups and event attendance to maintain consistent communications, engage members in Chamber activities and achieve membership retention.
- Serve as a resource for information to members regarding Chamber benefits, marketing resources, opportunities, discounts etc. Respond timely to questions and provide assistance to ensure a high level of member satisfaction.
- Coordinate all meetings with assigned members including scheduling, reserving conference rooms, assembling printed sponsorship materials and customizing leave-behind materials.
- Track assigned members' experiences, relevant affiliations and keep member data current via the Chamber intranet.
- Act as a liaison between Member Engagement and Business Development to facilitate the on-boarding of new members and renewal of assigned first year memberships.
- Assist with collection of the annual dues
- Market Chamber products and services including event tickets, exhibit booths, ribbon cuttings and discount programs.
- Understand and stay current with Chamber products, services and/or programming, including the Chamber's Leadership Councils and Action Teams.
- Identify trends and solicit input from members to provide ideas for new products, services and/or programming that address member needs, increase retention and/or cultivate new sponsors.
- Attend Chamber events and other relevant events to network and make introductions.
- Act as the liaison between Member Engagement and Programs & Events for all sponsorships by assigned members. Facilitate communications, securing logos and sponsorship benefits fulfillment.
- Assist Programs &. Events at an assigned number of Chamber events which may include guest registration, seating, escorting and material display etc. (before, during and after regular business hours)
- Manage a small team of Chamber colleagues responsible for the activities above for their own accounts, as well as, the Chamber's Young Professionals Council and Ambassador program.
Job Specifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of experience in account management or client relations.
- Experience managing colleagues in a direct reporting relationship.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to solicit funds for sponsorship and membership renewals through consultative, relationship driven sales approach.
- Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region and business community and experience in interacting with this market.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with creativity and innovation.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office — including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The Member Engagement Manager works in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, on a regular basis, the Member Engagement Manager will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact info of three professional references to upload with the application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.
Apply to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=gpcc&jobId=45413&lang=en_US&source=CC3
« Back to top
Membership Advisor (Inside Sales)
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is seeking qualified sales professionals to drive membership growth in the Philadelphia Region. This opportunity is ideal for a successful inside sales representative who is goal oriented and highly motivated with an aggressive sales approach to increase revenues. Our top Membership Advisors earn 6-figure incomes.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is a regional non-profit business organization. We are the largest business association in the region and one of the largest Chambers in the United States. The Chamber is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits. The Chamber is the premier advocate of the region's business community, representing members in 11 counties across three states with one voice. With approximately 100 people on staff, we provide our members with products, benefits, and services to help their businesses thrive.
Must-Have Sales Skills:
- Cold Calling: This position is nearly 100% inside sales developing new business
- Prospecting: A successful candidate will generate his/her own leads every week
- Qualifying Leads: Finding the decision maker and overcoming objections are essential to success
- Sell membership packages to businesses in the Greater Philadelphia Region (11 Counties)
- Develop leads and maintain an active prospect database
- Achieve and surpass set quotas and goals
- Develop weekly plans to achieve goals
- Increase overall sales as well as value per sale
- Assist with the implementation of targeted sales projects
- Occasionally attend, assist, and represent the Chamber at networking functions, receptions, business expos, and trade shows as a company requirement
- Note: this position's responsibilities do NOT include account management
- Minimum 2 to 3 years inside sales experience
- Demonstrated record of recent success selling a service
- Proven experience prospecting and generating leads
- Proven ability to exceed goals
- Highly effective communication skills
- A problem solver with multitasking capabilities
- Proposal experience, strong business writing skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to achieve goals
- Possess excellent interpersonal/written/oral/presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
We offer a base salary plus a high commission compensation structure that rewards employees that meet and exceed their goals, with an annual earning potential of $70,000 to $150,000. We also offer an excellent benefits package.
Apply to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=gpcc&jobId=12437&lang=en_US&source=CC19783
« Back to top