Working collaboratively across the Commonwealth to improve the economic competitiveness of the Keystone State.
We leverage the expertise of our team to build relationships with policy makers and advocate for business-friendly public policy in order to foster growth in Pennsylvania and the Greater Philadelphia region.
Our Advocacy Team is in Harrisburg each week continuing to develop productive relationships with the Governor and the Pennsylvania State Legislature and voice the perspective and needs of our members and the region’s business community in impactful ways. The Chamber also hosts annual events such as the Conversation with the Governor and receptions with members of the Legislature to engage our state officials and connect them to our members.
POLICY PAPERS, RESEARCH AND TESTIMONY
We advocate on a range of issues that enhance our region’s business climate and provide decision-making and policy-shaping information through careful and thoughtful research. The state advocacy team makes itself and our members available to give testimony during legislative hearings as the voice of the business community on issues pertinent to member companies and the region’s future.
State Advocacy Policy Initiatives
The Chamber supports public policy that encourages the growth and prosperity of our region. Our State Advocacy Team is actively working to lead and generate support for the following initiatives:
- Build out Grow PA, a statewide initiative to convene people and organizations throughout Pennsylvania to establish a modern economic growth agenda that transforms post-secondary education, modernizes our infrastructure, and accelerates innovation in health care.
- Advocate for business tax reform that improves the competitiveness of the state and encourages economic development and job creation in collaboration with Compete PA.
- Support the development of shale natural gas and work to ensure no negative impact on drilling, production, job creation and revenue growth in Pennsylvania; urge lawmakers to consider upstream and downstream activity and linkage to infrastructure, workforce, and talent development.
- Bolster Medicaid expansion in the face of federal funding reductions and address as a budget cost-driver.
- Support appropriate standards of accountability in our education system.
With population declining and employment opportunities lagging, it’s time to take action to grow our Keystone State.
Grow PA is a statewide initiative to convene people and organizations throughout Pennsylvania to establish a modern economic growth agenda centered around three pillars:
- Transforming post-secondary education
- Modernizing all facets of our infrastructure
- Accelerating the development of innovation in health care technology and delivery
As part of the Grow PA initiative, the Chamber has partnered with Technical.ly to highlight successes and strategies for economic growth across Pennsylvania.